Multi-User access of paradox database

I'm trying to create an application where several users share a paradox
table.  When the three apps are run on a single PC all is well.  When the
apps are spread out over the networked PCs problems start occurring.  The
first record inserted into the paradox table is not seen by the other
users.  All records inserted into the table after the first show up.

Re:Multi-User access of paradox database

Harold Kimball wrote:

> I'm trying to create an application where several users share a paradox
> table.  When the three apps are run on a single PC all is well.  When the
> apps are spread out over the networked PCs problems start occurring.  The
> first record inserted into the paradox table is not seen by the other
> users.  All records inserted into the table after the first show up.

You need to make sure that the NET DIR for your Paradox database is the
same location.  In this directory all of your locking is done (via a
file called PDOXUSRS.NET).  See the BDE documentation for more details,
and I think that there is a TI at the Borland web site (and on the
Delphi 2 CD).

Oliver Townshend

Re:Multi-User access of paradox database

that's exactly right.....you have to set the paradox net directory in the BDE
to the exact same spot on all 3 computers

Other Threads