Distributing applications with an installer program.

Hy my name is Mark van den Broek and i'm from the Netherlands. I'm recendly
using Borland C++ builder 4.0 professional edition and i'm wondering what
kind of installer i must use to distribute my applications? Some people
told me to use Wise for Windows ore InstallShield express!
Can sombody recomend me what kind of istaller i must use?

Please let me know!

Mark

Re:Distributing applications with an installer program.

In article <01bef465$eab29940$25ca3291@wc0638>
"Mark v/d Broek" <m.vdbr...@dnh.rws.minvenw.nl> wrote:

> Hy my name is Mark van den Broek and i'm from the Netherlands. I'm recendly
> using Borland C++ builder 4.0 professional edition and i'm wondering what
> kind of installer i must use to distribute my applications? Some people
> told me to use Wise for Windows ore InstallShield express!
> Can sombody recomend me what kind of istaller i must use?

You can use any of those, and you can also use Chief's Installer Pro
(see below ;-)).

Best regards, The Chief
--------------
Dr A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of Chief's Installer Pro v5.20a for Win32
    ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/install/chief52a.zip

Re:Distributing applications with an installer program.

Has anyone told you that this is a PASCAL newsgroup - not CBuilder
Mark v/d Broek <m.vdbr...@dnh.rws.minvenw.nl> wrote in message
> Hy my name is Mark van den Broek and i'm from the Netherlands. I'm
recendly
> using Borland C++ builder 4.0 professional edition and i'm wondering what
> kind of installer i must use to distribute my applications? Some people
> told me to use Wise for Windows ore InstallShield express!
> Can sombody recomend me what kind of istaller i must use?

> Please let me know!

> Mark

Re:Distributing applications with an installer program.

Hi!

Is there any possibility to download a program like InstallShield or do I
have to buy it?

CU
Jens

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/jens.gesing/index.htm
Programming-Do-It-Yourself: http://members.xoom.com/goldman47/index.htm

Both sites are German.

Re:Distributing applications with an installer program.

> Is there any possibility to download a program like InstallShield or do I
> have to buy it?

I think InstallSHIELD Express is 100 and InstallSHIELD Pro is nearly 2000
UK pounds.

Other Threads