Bug in Delphi or am I doing something wrong....I'm desperated!

Hi,

I've got a real problem with Delphi3....I'm really desperated so
please try to help me.

Everything in my project "ChaosMathematik" worked fine....till I added
a new Form (I called it FeigenBaumForm).
Now, everytime I start my project and try to run it he first brings up
the following message (I'll translate from German to English, so the
text may be an other one, but the sense is the same): "A Unit can't be
executed". Then, of course, I recompile the project. No problem,
everything fine. But when I call the procedure that calls
FeigenBaumForm (FeigenBaumForm.ShowModal), press the
"ZeichnenButton"-Button (FeigenbaumForm.ZeichnenButtonClick), and try
to cancel the operation by pressing Ctrl-F2, it's really strange:

First, he does nothing. Really nothing. Then a errorbox pops up that
tells me "Timeout when trying to abort Debug-Routine", "Ignore, Retry,
Cancel". When I press Ignore, the Box pops up again. When I press
retry it takes a while and the box pops up again. When I press cancel
the box closes. When I now try to run my project again, the compiling
stops with the following error:"Error: (0): Output-File
'c:\win95\utils....\chaosmathematik.exe' can't be created." When I
then quit Delphi and try to delete the EXE-file it seems as if it was
already open....But the application was terminated! I can't delete,
change name or attributes, the EXE-file. So I tried to restart Delphi,
and compiled it again, but it didn't work. "EXE-file can't be
created".

What the procedure does is listed below. What I want to emphasize is
that no Exception or something occours. It just doesn't work:

procedure Punkt(PX,PY:Real);    {Used by ZeichenButtonClick}
  begin
    with FeigenBaumForm.FeigenBaumZeichnung.Canvas do begin
      moveto(x(PX),y(PY));
      lineto(x(PX)+1,y(PY)+1);
      {X and Y are functions that convert a value like 0.44 to a value
that's pendent from the size of the TImage}

procedure TFeigenBaumForm.ZeichnenButtonClick(Sender: TObject);
Var C          : Integer;
    T, W1, W2,
    W3, FB, FC : Real;
    INr, MaxI,
    Cnt, Z     : Byte;
    SaveVal    : Array[1..200] of Real;
  begin
    with FeigenBaumForm.FeigenBaumZeichnung.Canvas do begin
{FeigenBaumZeichnung is a TImage}
      Pen.Style:=psSolid;
      Pen.Mode:=pmBlack;
      Pen.Width:=1;
      Update;
    end;
    MaxI:=75;
    FX1:=-3;
    FX2:=0.1;
    FY1:=-0.1;
    FY2:=5;

    W1:=0.1;
    W2:=0;
    W3:=0;
    FB:=3;
    FC:=1;
    Status.Panels[0].Text:='Zeichne...';
{Status is a TStatusBar}
    for c:=-3000 to -2000 do begin
      if c mod 150=0 then Status.Panels[0].Text:='Bin bei
'+floattostr(c/1000);
      W1:=0.1;
      W2:=0;
      W3:=0;
      for z:=1 to MaxI do begin
        t:=c/1000;
        W2:=(sqr(W1)*t)+(W1*fb)+fc;
//        showmessage(floattostr(t)+#13+floattostr(w2));
{        showmessage('c='+inttostr(c)+#13+
                    'z='+inttostr(z)+#13+
                    'w2='+floattostr(w2)+#13);}
      end;
      punkt(x(t),y(w2));
      W3:=W2;
      W1:=W2;
    end;
    Status.Panels[0].Text:='Zeichnung beendet.';
  end;

        Hope anyone can help me

                Joe

Re:Bug in Delphi or am I doing something wrong....I'm desperated!

In article <36209920.1845...@news.odn.de>,

johannesDHDHDHDHba...@gmx.UIBUEGBUE.de (Joe) writes:

>"EXE-file can't be
>created".

I get this if I've been messing about in other directories while working. If I
do a save as I find the default directory is the one I've been messing about
in. I select the right directory, save the file and then everything is OK. I'm
not saying this is your problem but it's a thought.

Best of luck

Gordon Whittam

_________________________

http://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/

Re:Bug in Delphi or am I doing something wrong....I'm desperated!

> I've got a real problem with Delphi3....I'm really desperated so
> please try to help me.

> Everything in my project "ChaosMathematik" worked fine....till I added
> a new Form (I called it FeigenBaumForm).
> Now, everytime I start my project and try to run it he first brings up
> the following message (I'll translate from German to English, so the
> text may be an other one, but the sense is the same): "A Unit can't be
> executed". Then, of course, I recompile the project. No problem,
> everything fine. But when I call the procedure that calls
> FeigenBaumForm (FeigenBaumForm.ShowModal), press the
> "ZeichnenButton"-Button (FeigenbaumForm.ZeichnenButtonClick), and try
> to cancel the operation by pressing Ctrl-F2, it's really strange:

> First, he does nothing. Really nothing. Then a errorbox pops up that
> tells me "Timeout when trying to abort Debug-Routine", "Ignore, Retry,
> Cancel". When I press Ignore, the Box pops up again. When I press
> retry it takes a while and the box pops up again. When I press cancel
> the box closes. When I now try to run my project again, the compiling
> stops with the following error:"Error: (0): Output-File
> 'c:\win95\utils....\chaosmathematik.exe' can't be created." When I
> then quit Delphi and try to delete the EXE-file it seems as if it was
> already open....But the application was terminated! I can't delete,
> change name or attributes, the EXE-file. So I tried to restart Delphi,
> and compiled it again, but it didn't work. "EXE-file can't be
> created".

The easiest thing to try here is shutting down and restarting your
Windows.  Sounds like you corrupted something.  Are you using the latest
version of Delphi3?  I've run into that problem before (although it's
been a long time, and not with D4) and it turned out to be a corrupt
video driver......  Good luck.

And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your code, which is why
it is probably elsewhere... (drivers, 3rd party add-ons to delphi, virus,
etc.)

-marc

Other Threads