WINSOCK FOR TPW 1.5

I posted a message about accessing winsock features using Turbo Pascal
for Windows 1.5.
The only answer I received was more to do with Delphi, although I must
admit that when I tried to look up the Pascal Site they recommended, the
links seemed to fail on the Web site.

So, I'll just ask again...
Can it be done through Pascal for Windows?

Steve Jeaco

Re:WINSOCK FOR TPW 1.5

Stephen Jeaco wrote:

> I posted a message about accessing winsock features using Turbo Pascal
> for Windows 1.5.
> The only answer I received was more to do with Delphi, although I must
> admit that when I tried to look up the Pascal Site they recommended, the
> links seemed to fail on the Web site.

> So, I'll just ask again...
> Can it be done through Pascal for Windows?

> Steve Jeaco

Hmmm... do a search on the file "passock10.zip". I have it (somewhere :), but I couldn't
say for sure that it is entirely compatible with TPW 1.5, since I don't have that
compiler...

If ya can't find it on the net, I'll attach it to a direct e-mail to ya. I don't think
it's very big.

Re:WINSOCK FOR TPW 1.5

Stephen Jeaco (pigs...@globalnet.co.uk) wrote:

: I posted a message about accessing winsock features using Turbo Pascal
: for Windows 1.5.  Can it be done through Pascal for Windows?

Yes.  I used the Pascal Winsock unit available as:
   ftp://mirrors.aol.com/pub/cica/pc/win3/programr/tp/pasock10.zip
Keep one eye on the Winsock.doc that comes with it as there are some
mistakes in the pascal interface with data types to pass (pointers or not).
There is also at least one mistake in my version of winsock itself,
so test everything!

I found the Winsock interface unnecessarily complicated for my purpose.
(Teaching a beginners programming course in high school.)  So I've written
my own interface for accessing TCP sockets.  It immitates the amiga TCP
interface which I'm used to with only 5 functions:  OpenTCP, ReadTCP,
WriteTCP, CheckTCP, and CloseTCP.  Would anyone else out there be
interested in this unit?
 _
|/|\/|                          ||   Maths & Computer Science
|\|  |orew...@south.sd41.bc.ca  ||  Beautiful British Columbia
                                            (Canada)

Re:WINSOCK FOR TPW 1.5

In article <19980703.7343F38.2...@van1p24.planeteer.com>

see....@for.address (Rob Morewood) wrote:
> I found the Winsock interface unnecessarily complicated for my purpose.
> (Teaching a beginners programming course in high school.)  So I've written
> my own interface for accessing TCP sockets.  It immitates the amiga TCP
> interface which I'm used to with only 5 functions:  OpenTCP, ReadTCP,
> WriteTCP, CheckTCP, and CloseTCP.  Would anyone else out there be
> interested in this unit?

Yes, please!

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v4.51 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief451.zip

Other Threads