Why "Error setting debug exception hook"?

I'm using Delphi 2.

Why is it that upon making a change to my program, then
rerunning it, I so often get "Error setting debug exception
hook"?  It seems to then put my program in a "running" state,
but I never see my form or anything.  I then have to "Reset"
the program and run it again.

Very annoying!

TIA.
--
Keith G. Murphy

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER(S):
Pursuant to US Code,Title 47, Chapter 5,Subchapter II, 227, any
and all
unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to this address is subject
to a download
and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.

Re:Why "Error setting debug exception hook"?

In article <01bce546$ffa053e0$6564a...@kmurphy.mindspring.com>, "Keith G. Murphy" <keith...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I'm using Delphi 2.

>Why is it that upon making a change to my program, then
>rerunning it, I so often get "Error setting debug exception
>hook"?  It seems to then put my program in a "running" state,
>but I never see my form or anything.  I then have to "Reset"
>the program and run it again.

Known Bug.

The Graphical Gnome (r...@ktibv.nl)
Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm

Re:Why "Error setting debug exception hook"?

In article <63j67v$ls...@lucy.cc.swin.edu.au>, 069...@bud.swin.edu.au
says...

> Keith G. Murphy (keith...@mindspring.com) wrote:
> : I'm using Delphi 2.

> : Why is it that upon making a change to my program, then
> : rerunning it, I so often get "Error setting debug exception
> : hook"?  It seems to then put my program in a "running" state,
> : but I never see my form or anything.  I then have to "Reset"
> : the program and run it again.

> I find that the only time I get that message is when I have used "reset" to kill a pesky program, instead of letting it "die" naturally.
> Then the next time I run it, I get the message.  Try turning the debugging info off, see if that helps.
> It only happens with some programs tho'.

> : Very annoying!

> I'll say!

I remember quite well pesting when I developed under W95. The problem
disappeared when I switched to an NT4 box.

--- Raoul

Re:Why "Error setting debug exception hook"?

Keith G. Murphy (keith...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: I'm using Delphi 2.

: Why is it that upon making a change to my program, then
: rerunning it, I so often get "Error setting debug exception
: hook"?  It seems to then put my program in a "running" state,
: but I never see my form or anything.  I then have to "Reset"
: the program and run it again.

I find that the only time I get that message is when I have used "reset" to kill a pesky program, instead of letting it "die" naturally.
Then the next time I run it, I get the message.  Try turning the debugging info off, see if that helps.
It only happens with some programs tho'.

: Very annoying!

I'll say!

wooz

Other Threads