TRegistry and SaveKey/RestoreKey

I'm writing to very simple apps (not even using forms), which call the
TRegistry.SaveKey function to save off a hierarchy of keys, and the second
which calls TRegistry.RestoreKey to copy form the file back into the
registry.  The saving seems to work fine, but the RestoreKey (I've also
tried LoadKey, ReplaceKey, to no avail) always seems to fail.  What am I
doing wrong?  This is very frustrating.  Project files are attached (they
contain all the source, I TOLD you they were small).

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

  MSIMRun.dpr
< 1K Download

  MSIMSave.dpr
< 1K Download

Re:TRegistry and SaveKey/RestoreKey

I've also had probs with TRegistry and solved it by using Win32 API calls.

Regards
John Bester

> I'm writing to very simple apps (not even using forms), which call the
> TRegistry.SaveKey function to save off a hierarchy of keys, and the
second
> which calls TRegistry.RestoreKey to copy form the file back into the
> registry.  The saving seems to work fine, but the RestoreKey (I've also
> tried LoadKey, ReplaceKey, to no avail) always seems to fail.  What am I
> doing wrong?  This is very frustrating.  Project files are attached
(they
> contain all the source, I TOLD you they were small).

Other Threads