Working with Pchar strings

I want to write a parser that reads a line from a file and puts it into a
Pchar variable, since the line may exceed 256 characters.  I then can parse
the line into tokens that I will want to Pascal strings.  Anybody have an
example of this?  I am having trouble reading the line into the Pchar.
Any help appreciated....

BG@ Esa Design, Inc.

Re:Working with Pchar strings

Check the help for BlockRead for the file handling.  This reads a block
at a time into a char array suitable for parsing.  You will have to
manually test the buffer for line termination.
John.

Other Threads