several Newbie questions

I am migrating to Delphi from VB and have a few questions.
1.  I am plotting some maps.  In VB, I could draw directly to a form OR a
picture box.  In Delphi, there seems to be more choice.  What are the
relative merits of drawing to an image object, or a paintbox object?  Where
could I find out?

2.  If making an API call, for example SetWindowExtEX, where do I declare
the function, and the fact that it resides in  "GDI32".

3.  Is there any speed advantage in using an API call for something that
already exists.  e.g. LineTo.

From what I have learned so far, DELPHI is way more powerful than VB.  It's
only drawback is the documentation---the manuals that come with Delhi are
poorly organized, and I will soon be forced to go buy a 3rd party book for
50 or 60 bucks.

Thanx in advance for any help
PT

Re:several Newbie questions

In article <01bbfd1c$494e4b00$26cfb0cf@dad>, "PT" <p...@gatewest.net>
writes:

>2.  If making an API call, for example SetWindowExtEX, where do I declare
>the function, and the fact that it resides in  "GDI32".

You don't need to;  the necessary encapsulation of the Windows API are
included in the nine "original" units (somewhat akin to the 13 original
colonies), which are automagically added to the uses clause.

German -> English software documentation translation
Hardcopy and electronic end-user files produced
B. Clay Kollenborn-Shannon
InfoHighway 101, P.O. Box 1116, San Andreas,CA 95249
ClaySie...@aol.com

Other Threads