D4 .exe size!

Hi there,

Can someone explain me how can a project which is compiled on two different
computer but with the same D4 UP3, can take 1 M for the fisrt one and 1,5 M
for the second?

Is there any special option to tick (not the one for exec pack)?

JP,

Re:D4 .exe size!

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:31:58 +0100, "Jean-Philippe SIFFERT"

<jpsiff...@coi-sa.fr> wrote:
>Can someone explain me how can a project which is compiled on two different
>computer but with the same D4 UP3, can take 1 M for the fisrt one and 1,5 M
>for the second?

First, make sure that you really are compiling the same project.
Adding a unit to the USES list in a project, even if nothing in that
unit is directly referenced, may cause additional code to be linked
into the EXE.

Second, make sure that the project options are the same. Including
debug info in a project will substantially increase the size of the
resulting executable.

Third, if the project contains any TImages or other graphical
components that themselves contain bitmaps, it's possible that opening
and resaving the form containing those components will cause the
bitmaps in the form's .DFM file to be saved with a different color
resolution.

The easiest way to ensure that you are compiling the same project is
to verify that _all_ of the project files (including the .DFM, .DPR,
.DOF, etc. files) are identical.

-Steve

Other Threads