Optional Feature Not Implemented error

I have a TADOConnection and TADOQuery.  When I try to open the query (which
has 4 parameters) I keep getting a "Optional Feature Not Implemented" error.
What is this and what causes it?

Thanks.

--

Don Gollahon
(dlgl...@theinter.com)

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented error

>I have a TADOConnection and TADOQuery.  When I try to open the query (which
>has 4 parameters) I keep getting a "Optional Feature Not Implemented" error.
>What is this and what causes it?

What are you using as an Ole Db driver?  Your ole Db driver isn't supporting
some feature of ADO that you are trying to use.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented error

I have Windows 2000 and I'm trying Delphi 6 Trial Version.  I also have MS
Office 2000 SBE.  I'm also using the 120-day trial of SQL-Server 2000.  So,
I assume the OLE DB came with one of these.  The ODBC sqlserver driver says
8/6/2000, Version 2000.80.194.00.

> >I have a TADOConnection and TADOQuery.  When I try to open the query
(which
> >has 4 parameters) I keep getting a "Optional Feature Not Implemented"
error.
> >What is this and what causes it?

> What are you using as an Ole Db driver?  Your ole Db driver isn't
supporting
> some feature of ADO that you are trying to use.
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented error

>I have Windows 2000 and I'm trying Delphi 6 Trial Version.  I also have MS
>Office 2000 SBE.  I'm also using the 120-day trial of SQL-Server 2000.  So,
>I assume the OLE DB came with one of these.  The ODBC sqlserver driver says
>8/6/2000, Version 2000.80.194.00.

If you use ODBC instead of the Microsofts Ole db driver for SQL Server there
will be features of ADO that do not work.

Ole Db is part of Win 2000.   The capabilities you get from ADO depend on the
provider you select.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented error

In the Datasources setup from Control Panel, I don't see anything that
specifically says "Ole DB".  The only thing I see that is related to MS SQL
is the "Sql Server" data source.  Is the Ole DB an optional install for Win
2000 Pro?

> >I have Windows 2000 and I'm trying Delphi 6 Trial Version.  I also have
MS
> >Office 2000 SBE.  I'm also using the 120-day trial of SQL-Server 2000.
So,
> >I assume the OLE DB came with one of these.  The ODBC sqlserver driver
says
> >8/6/2000, Version 2000.80.194.00.

> If you use ODBC instead of the Microsofts Ole db driver for SQL Server
there
> will be features of ADO that do not work.

> Ole Db is part of Win 2000.   The capabilities you get from ADO depend on
the
> provider you select.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented error

>In the Datasources setup from Control Panel, I don't see anything that
>specifically says "Ole DB".  The only thing I see that is related to MS SQL
>is the "Sql Server" data source.  Is the Ole DB an optional install for Win
>2000 Pro?

Ole DB is not an option it is built into Win 2000 but it is completely separate
from the ODBC datsource set up you are looking at.
Select the Ole Db driver to use when you create the
TadoConnection.ConnectionString.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com