Retrieving a string field with more tha 255 chars (MSSQL x BDE)

Alvaro,

Good luck,
krf

"Alvaro Goncalves" <al...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm using delphi to access a MSSQL 2000 database.
> I have varchar string fields larger than 255 chars, but when I try to

retrieve it with delphi (using BDE) only 255 chars are retrieved. How can I
solve this?

> Thanks for all!

Re:Retrieving a string field with more tha 255 chars (MSSQL x BDE)

I'm using delphi to access a MSSQL 2000 database.
I have varchar string fields larger than 255 chars, but when I try to retrieve it with delphi (using BDE) only 255 chars are retrieved. How can I solve this?

Thanks for all!

Re:Retrieving a string field with more tha 255 chars (MSSQL x BDE)

Multiposted. Answered in b.b.bde. Please do not multipost or cross
post your messages. It violates Borland's guidelines for using their
newsgroups and wastes everyone's time. Please post one message in the
most appropriate newsgroup.

--
Bill (TeamB)