Invalid Blob Handle in Record Buffer (SQL 7)

Hello,

Has anyone come across the above error using Delphi 5 with SQL Server 7. I
am running a query against a table (tquery) with 10 fields one of which is a
sql server text field. When I reference the field with fieldbyname('blob
field').asstring or .value I get the above error.

Yet if I look at the field with SQL Explorer I can see the data in the field
with no problems. I am just storing text in the field.

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance

Jean Paul

Re:Invalid Blob Handle in Record Buffer (SQL 7)

Hi JP,

Refer to the help on the "BLOBS TO CACHE" setting for MSSQL in BDEAdmin:

BLOBS TO CACHE

Determines how many BLOBs will be cached on the client. Applications that
deal with fetching dead BLOBs using dead table opens or queries can set a
limit on the number of BLOBs to cache depending on the resource available on
the client.
Setting a value 100 means the application can work with a maximum of 100
BLOB records cached. Fetching more than 100, then scrolling back 100 records
results in an "Invalid Blob handle in record buffer" error message.

This parameter does not apply to live table opens.

Default Value: 64
Range : >64 and < 65536

Regards,
Pierre

"JP" <jpfranc...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:3941147c@dnews...
> Hello,

> Has anyone come across the above error using Delphi 5 with SQL Server 7. I
> am running a query against a table (tquery) with 10 fields one of which is
> sql server text field. When I reference the field with fieldbyname('blob
> field').asstring or .value I get the above error.

> Yet if I look at the field with SQL Explorer I can see the data in the
field
> with no problems. I am just storing text in the field.

> any suggestions ?

> thanks in advance

> Jean Paul

Other Threads