Board index » delphi » Storing Boolean Data - Which Data Type

Storing Boolean Data - Which Data Type

How do I store a Boolean value in an interbase table? I want to use
Data-aware controls, and they do not seem to be able to handle CHAR or
INTEGER.

My pervious DB's had a BOOLEAN data type.

TIA, Phil Stephens

 

Re:Storing Boolean Data - Which Data Type


Quote
Philip Stephens wrote:

> How do I store a Boolean value in an interbase table? I want to use
> Data-aware controls, and they do not seem to be able to handle CHAR or
> INTEGER.

They can handle Char, look at DBCheckBox's ValueChecked and ValueUnchecked.

Quote
> My pervious DB's had a BOOLEAN data type.

> TIA, Phil Stephens

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry
Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer why?
As you grow up and leave the playground
Where you kissed your Prince and found your frog
Remember the jester that showed you tears, the script for tears. (Fish)

Re:Storing Boolean Data - Which Data Type


Duh! - Thanks, 4 hours with it right in front of my nose!- PAS
Quote
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

> Philip Stephens wrote:

>>How do I store a Boolean value in an interbase table? I want to use
>>Data-aware controls, and they do not seem to be able to handle CHAR or
>>INTEGER.

> They can handle Char, look at DBCheckBox's ValueChecked and ValueUnchecked.

>>My pervious DB's had a BOOLEAN data type.

>>TIA, Phil Stephens

Other Threads