Help! D2 -> Oracle ODBC -> Personal Oracle

I've installed Personal Oracle & Oracle's own 32-bit ODBC driver and,
I believe, configured everything correctly.

I can go into MS Access for Win95 and link to Oracle's tables via ODBC
without a hitch.

I've fully configured an Oracle ODBC alias in the BDE config, yet
every time I go into a BDE-based app (i.e., D2, Database Desktop,
Database Explorer), I get the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Information type out of range; Alias: Oracle

Anyone run into this problem and solved it?  Care to clue this poor
sap in?  Thanks in advance...