"Operation not applicable" error on Filter

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded to Delphi 4 C/S from Delphi 3 C/S. I am at update patch 3
level with the latest BDE version.

When I use the Filter property of either TTable or TQuery with the following
entered on the object inspector everthing works :

    Country = 'USA'

However yf the field name contains spaces and is entered as follows

  'Company name' = 'CompUsa'

"Operation not applicable" error is issued and filtering is not done.

This worked in Delphi 3.

I have noticed Problem Reference 1050 lists similar problem and states the
it is fixed in update pack 2. Has this been regressed in update pack 3 ?

What is wrong and is there an official way to fix this ?

I would appreciate responses from anybody who can help.

Thanks.

Aydin Odacioglu.

Re:"Operation not applicable" error on Filter

Try:

[Company name] = 'CompUsa'

"Aydyn Odacyoelu" wrote:
> Hello Everyone,

> I just upgraded to Delphi 4 C/S from Delphi 3 C/S. I am at update patch 3
> level with the latest BDE version.

> When I use the Filter property of either TTable or TQuery with the following
> entered on the object inspector everthing works :

>     Country = 'USA'

> However yf the field name contains spaces and is entered as follows

>   'Company name' = 'CompUsa'

> "Operation not applicable" error is issued and filtering is not done.

> This worked in Delphi 3.

> I have noticed Problem Reference 1050 lists similar problem and states the
> it is fixed in update pack 2. Has this been regressed in update pack 3 ?

> What is wrong and is there an official way to fix this ?

> I would appreciate responses from anybody who can help.

> Thanks.

> Aydin Odacioglu.

Other Threads