EDBEngineError: how to distinguish between all BDE errors?

Hello,

    I would like to intercept a few common db errors like 'dataset not
in edit/insert modes', or 'Invalid key' and so on, to make life easier
to my users.
    But how can I check which of this errors generated the
EDBEngineError?
    I mean, how can I tell whether a error was 'Invalid Key' and not?

    Thanks for your time!

    Tulius Lima

Re:EDBEngineError: how to distinguish between all BDE errors?

Tulius Lima wrote:

> Hello,

>     I would like to intercept a few common db errors like 'dataset not
> in edit/insert modes', or 'Invalid key' and so on, to make life easier
> to my users.
>     But how can I check which of this errors generated the
> EDBEngineError?
>     I mean, how can I tell whether a error was 'Invalid Key' and not?

>     Thanks for your time!

>     Tulius Lima

Hello Tulius,

go on borland site, developper support, DBE examples.  There is one unit
called DBEerr or something like that that will give you everything you
need.

Good luck.

Re:EDBEngineError: how to distinguish between all BDE errors?

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:23:17 -0300, Tulius Lima

<tulius.l...@persogo.com.br_NOSPAM> wrote:
>    I would like to intercept a few common db errors like 'dataset not
>in edit/insert modes', or 'Invalid key' and so on, to make life easier
>to my users.
>    But how can I check which of this errors generated the
>EDBEngineError?
>    I mean, how can I tell whether a error was 'Invalid Key' and not?

A good place to start would be the Technical Information sheet TI2814,
"Handling EDBEngineError Exceptions." This TI explains parsing the TDBError
objects in the EDBEngineError.Errors property to extract information about
indvidual errors.

  http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI2814.html

Steve Koterski
Borland International, Inc.
http://www.borland.com/delphi
(Remove the "SPICEDHAM2" from the address. Death to spam-bots!)

Other Threads