Help needed getting USER information on a Network

I want to capture the User ID information in a network environment.
I'm new to client/server applications and want to capture this "ID"
for use in a table filter.

If you can lend a hand, the help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill
arte...@worldnet.att.net

Re:Help needed getting USER information on a Network

try GetUserName:

function UserName: String
var
    Buffer: String;
    BufSize: Integer;
begin
    Result := '';
    BufSize := 30;
    SetLength(Buffer, 30);
    Success := GetUserName(PChar(Buffer), BufSize);
    if Success then
        Result := Buffer
    else
        ShowMessage('Error getting user name.');

Bill Artemik wrote in message <345e010a.5131...@forums.borland.com>...
>I want to capture the User ID information in a network environment.
>I'm new to client/server applications and want to capture this "ID"
>for use in a table filter.

Re:Help needed getting USER information on a Network

See DbiGetNetUserName in the BDE API help file.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.              )
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads