Cannot get Native Access driver to work

Hello all. I am trying to get Delphi 3.0( Pro edition, upgraded to to
maintenance release 2) to connect with a MS access database that I have
already created. I have used ODBC to do this, but its cumbersome and
slow. I would like to try the native Delphi driver,  but when I am in the
database desktop creating the alias and I attempt to connect- it gives me
an error about not being able to load an IDAPI service library. What in
the heck do I need to do to make this work?? Any help greatly
appreciated. I am totaly lost.

   thanks so much

   --Frank

Frank Crenshaw  fccre...@usgs.gov
Computer Specalist
USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
 "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Re:Cannot get Native Access driver to work

In the BDE Administrator, select the Configuration tab and then choose
Drivers, Native, MSACCESS. Click on MSACCESS and select DLL32 in the
righthand pane. Use the drop-down arrow to set the value to
IDDA3532.DLL. Best wishes.

info...@swbell.net (Mark Shapiro) writes:
> In the BDE Administrator, select the Configuration tab and then choose
> Drivers, Native, MSACCESS. Click on MSACCESS and select DLL32 in the
> righthand pane. Use the drop-down arrow to set the value to
> IDDA3532.DLL. Best wishes.

Is this a better solution than the one provided by Inprise FAQ
(<http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/628.html>), which
suggests adding a missing Registry entry?  I already tried that one,
but it didn't help.  I don't have access to the problematic computer
at the time, so I can't check this one.

By the way, in which cases is BDE 4.51 required?  It seems I have a
working system at my workstation with BDE 4.01, Office95 and DAO 3.0.
Does Office97 and DAO 3.5 require BDE 4.51 as well?  Has anyone got
Office 97 work with DAO 3.0 - which BDE?

Puzzled,

Jouni Aro

Re:Cannot get Native Access driver to work

The first version with a native MSACCESS driver is BDE 4.51.

Re:Cannot get Native Access driver to work

Well its too sad, but you need to have DAO3.0 installed (Access 7.0) and
Accces97 will work with a BDE4.51. But, But, but its seems a bit clumsy.
{*word*128}install Access 7.0 and then Delphi

However Delphi 4.0 should support Access97. How too solve the problem can be
found on Borlands (Inprise) site (BDE department). You need a DLL (3032)
too.

Per

Frank C. Crenshaw wrote in message ...
>Hello all. I am trying to get Delphi 3.0( Pro edition, upgraded to to
>maintenance release 2) to connect with a MS access database that I have
>already created. I have used ODBC to do this, but its cumbersome and
>slow. I would like to try the native Delphi driver,  but when I am in the
>database desktop creating the alias and I attempt to connect- it gives me
>an error about not being able to load an IDAPI service library. What in
>the heck do I need to do to make this work?? Any help greatly
>appreciated. I am totaly lost.

>   thanks so much

>   --Frank

>Frank Crenshaw  fccre...@usgs.gov
>Computer Specalist
>USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
> "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Other Threads