Questions on Apollo 2.52

I have 3 questions:

1. Does Apollo support LAN type connectivity to clipper.dbf and multiple
.ntx files?
residing on the server without any problems?
2. Could you confirm that it works without gotcha's on Delphi v1?
3. What is SuccessWare's (the creators of Apollo) www site?
Thanks.
--
Nigel D. Scott, RR 1, Didsbury, Alberta, Canada, T0M 0W0

"The path to success is paved with good intentions that were carried
out"
 Robert C. Edwards

Re:Questions on Apollo 2.52

Nigel D. Scott <nsc...@agt.net> wrote:

> 1. Does Apollo support LAN type connectivity to clipper.dbf and
> multiple .ntx files? residing on the server without any problems?

I don't use .NTXs anymore, but I tried .CDXs and they worked fine. Apollo
uses the same locking mechanism as Clipper, so there should be no problem
in concurrent use of the same tables by Clipper and Delphi apps.

> 2. Could you confirm that it works without gotcha's on Delphi v1?

I can't <g>, I tried only Delphi 2 version.

http://www.gosware.com

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Re:Questions on Apollo 2.52

Nigel D. Scott wrote:
> 3. What is SuccessWare's (the creators of Apollo) www site?

Guess what! http://www.successware.com ...

Good luck,

.\\

Maurice Pasman, Webmaster The Twilight Site

           Index http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman
      Midifiles http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman/files

Re:Questions on Apollo 2.52

Hi maurice

Nope ! Try http://www.gosware.com

> Good luck,

> .\\

> Maurice Pasman, Webmaster The Twilight Site

>  ___________________________________________________________
>            Index http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman
>       Midifiles http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman/files

--
Regards

Chee Chong Hwa, aka C.H. Chee
Penang,MALAYSIA
e-mail : c...@pc.jaring.my
Who the heck Is Chee Chong Hwa ?
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/people/cch

Clipper...Clipper...Clipper
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper

Delphi...Delphi...Delphi
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi
<You're invited to download the KarenSoft Web Browser
   Version 1.03>

CCH SOFTWARE SOLUTION SDN. BHD.
(soon to be known as KarenSoft Solutions Sdn Bhd)
http://www.cch.com.my/cch/cchss

CCH WEB SERVICES SDN. BHD.
http://www.cch.com.my/cch

Re:Questions on Apollo 2.52

In article <3304C886...@pc.jaring.my>, "Chee Chong Hwa aka C.H. Chee"
<c...@pc.jaring.my> writes

>Hi maurice

>m@urice wrote:

>> Nigel D. Scott wrote:

>> > 3. What is SuccessWare's (the creators of Apollo) www site?

>> Guess what! http://www.successware.com ...

>Nope ! Try http://www.gosware.com

Which they give out as something like GoSware - which doesnt usually
matter, but may!

And the demo is there for Apollo 3.

>> Good luck,

>> .\\

>> Maurice Pasman, Webmaster The Twilight Site

>>  ___________________________________________________________
>>            Index http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman
>>       Midifiles http://www.xs4all.nl/~mgpasman/files

--
Pete Clark
ElmSoft Ltd

Re:Questions on Apollo 2.52

Jovan Bulajic wrote:

> Nigel D. Scott <nsc...@agt.net> wrote:

> > 1. Does Apollo support LAN type connectivity to clipper.dbf and
> > multiple .ntx files? residing on the server without any problems?

> I don't use .NTXs anymore, but I tried .CDXs and they worked fine. Apollo
> uses the same locking mechanism as Clipper, so there should be no problem
> in concurrent use of the same tables by Clipper and Delphi apps.

> > 2. Could you confirm that it works without gotcha's on Delphi v1?

> I can't <g>, I tried only Delphi 2 version.

> > 3. What is SuccessWare's (the creators of Apollo) www site?

> http://www.gosware.com

> --
> Jovan Bulajic
> Belgrade, Yugoslavia
> bul...@sezampro.yu<1> Apollo supports multiple NTX. The manual/help file has examples on

this.
<2> It works with Delphi version 1. I'm using it now.

Other Threads