Connecting To SQL Server Without The BDE

Has any one found a way of connecting to SQL Server without using the BDE ?
I am developing an application for a wireless P.C with a radio card and
limited HDD space.
Copying the BDE is out of the question. Has Anybody any suggestions ?
Preferred Version of Delphi is V1 but help for either 1 or 2 would be
great.

Reply by E-mail appreciated

Shane Boyd

to : pendu...@indigo.ie
Please Put 'Shane Boyd' in the Subject

Re:Connecting To SQL Server Without The BDE

If you are using SQL Server 6.5 then OLEDB is a good way to go, its an OLE
Server object.
 Shane Boyd wrote in article <01bca382$6ca722e0$89917dc2@shane>...

>Has any one found a way of connecting to SQL Server without using the BDE
?
>I am developing an application for a wireless P.C with a radio card and
>limited HDD space.
>Copying the BDE is out of the question. Has Anybody any suggestions ?
>Preferred Version of Delphi is V1 but help for either 1 or 2 would be
>great.

>Reply by E-mail appreciated

>Shane Boyd

>to : pendu...@indigo.ie