Board index » delphi » Neural Net / backprop

Neural Net / backprop

Does anyone have any 'simple' NN code that they are willing to share? I
would like to experiment in this fascinating area and everything seems to
be written in *ugh!* C++.

Thanks,

Tom

 

Re:Neural Net / backprop


On Sat, 10 Aug 1996 10:33:03 GMT, kom...@netcom.com (Tom Johnson)
wrote:

Quote
>Does anyone have any 'simple' NN code that they are willing to share? I
>would like to experiment in this fascinating area and everything seems to
>be written in *ugh!* C++.

>Thanks,

>Tom

Guess why?... C++ just suits better the task. You should really learn
C++. I mean, if you don't know OOP, you better learn it, otherwise you
won't understand what's happening.

IMHO, C++ is more powerfull (and bug prone) than Delphi. Is faster and
has good math libraries available. And if you know C++, you know
Delphi (I'm not talking about the Win programming stuff) and, besides,
the Delphi object model is poorer than the C++ one.

Anyway, with a lot of work, you should be able to convert from C++ to
Delphi. Even better, you can use DLLs written in C++ with Delphi...

Whish you good luck.

Nuno Leal

----
nl...@mail.telepac.pt

Re:Neural Net / backprop


Quote
Tom Johnson wrote:

> Does anyone have any 'simple' NN code that they are willing to share? I
> would like to experiment in this fascinating area and everything seems to
> be written in *ugh!* C++.

> Thanks,

> Tom

Hi Tom !!!!

I ported some C++ code to Delphi....
It shows TeeChart capabilities (I'm the TeeChart author).
You can download TeeChart from:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dberneda

Includes source code for 3-layer neural backprogragation.
Email me if want more info !
Thank You !
David Berneda
TeeChart

Re:Neural Net / backprop


Quote
nl...@mail.telepac.pt (Nuno Leal) wrote:
>Guess why?... C++ just suits better the task. You should really learn
>C++. I mean, if you don't know OOP, you better learn it, otherwise you
>won't understand what's happening.

I think the object model in Delphi is easier to understand than the
object model in C++.  The best language for learning is SmallTalk.
It's built from the ground up to be object oriented.

Quote
>IMHO, C++ is more powerfull (and bug prone) than Delphi. Is faster and

Delphi 2.0 produces faster code than any other C++ compilier except
for Watcom 10.x .  

Quote
>has good math libraries available. And if you know C++, you know
>Delphi (I'm not talking about the Win programming stuff) and, besides,
>the Delphi object model is poorer than the C++ one.

Delphi model is just not as complicated, but it does do the three
things all oop languges should do.  Inheritance(sp), Encapsulation,
and polymorphism.  

Iman
ilcrw...@aracnet.com

Other Threads