16 x 16 .ico file - possible (?)

I am writing an application where I have to place symbols on top of a
map. I have a large TImage control which contains the map and I have
been placing small TImage controls (with .ico file loaded) on top
dynamically to represent the symbols. Problem is the symbols are 32x32
icon files at the moment which are too big. I would like to make the
symbols 16x16 icons but the closest format on Image Editor is 32 x 16
icon which makes my symbols double height .

I could use 16x16 bitmaps but there isn't a way, I can find, of making
part of the bitmap transparent which I kind of need. Is there a way of
getting a 16x16 icon file ?

Thanks

John

--
John McGuire

Re:16 x 16 .ico file - possible (?)

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996 17:49:43 +0000, John McGuire

<it...@itimp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I am writing an application where I have to place symbols on top of a
>map. I have a large TImage control which contains the map and I have
>been placing small TImage controls (with .ico file loaded) on top
>dynamically to represent the symbols. Problem is the symbols are 32x32
>icon files at the moment which are too big. I would like to make the
>symbols 16x16 icons but the closest format on Image Editor is 32 x 16
>icon which makes my symbols double height .

>I could use 16x16 bitmaps but there isn't a way, I can find, of making
>part of the bitmap transparent which I kind of need. Is there a way of
>getting a 16x16 icon file ?

Look around the popular Delphi FTP and WWW sites to find code to help
you with transparent bitmaps. Or use the Delphi 2.0 Image Editor,
which supports 16x16 icons.
--
Ray Lischner                              li...@tempest-sw.com
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA  http://www.tempest-sw.com