Locating error address

I could use some help in an area I'm not so familiar with.

How do I go about tracking down an error such as the following
that was reported when someone was running one of my applications?
There doesn't seem to be any way to determine what is causing it
by tracking what is done in the application leading up to the error
because it takes a long time before it occurs.  To make matters worse,
I cannot duplicate it on my computer but the user seems sure it is
caused by my application.

Access violation at address 65747320. Read of address 65747320.

Is it possible to have an address this high in a application? Examining
the map file for the application, it looks like there should be no address
greater than about 001E0000 in this particular app.

Harry

Re:Locating error address

Install Borland C++, or SoftIce (Numega) or anything. You can track down the
adress it's generated from.
But if the error occured in your program, the program should be terminated. If
that doesn't occur it's not your program which has the error, it could be
generating it, but it is not where it happens

Leon

Harry Lane wrote:
> I could use some help in an area I'm not so familiar with.

> How do I go about tracking down an error such as the following
> that was reported when someone was running one of my applications?
> There doesn't seem to be any way to determine what is causing it
> by tracking what is done in the application leading up to the error
> because it takes a long time before it occurs.  To make matters worse,
> I cannot duplicate it on my computer but the user seems sure it is
> caused by my application.

> Access violation at address 65747320. Read of address 65747320.

> Is it possible to have an address this high in a application? Examining
> the map file for the application, it looks like there should be no address
> greater than about 001E0000 in this particular app.

> Harry

Other Threads