fields with the same name

In my SQL code, I have two fields being joined from different tables but
they both have the same name.  The SQL runs fine, but I don't know how to
access them through IBX.  In SQL Explorer it adds an extra '_1' to the name,
but that didn't seem to work the last time I tried it in IBX.  Any help
would be appreciated.

                                                      Jeff

Re:fields with the same name

You should use fieldaliases in your SQL to distinguish between columns -
SELECT TABLE1.FIELD1 T1FIELD, TABLE2.FIELD1 T2FIELD FROM TABLE1, TABLE2
gives you two fields - T1FIELD and T2FIELD in result set.

Andres

solr...@hotmail.com (Jeffrey Harmon) wrote in <397da066$1_2@dnews>:

>In my SQL code, I have two fields being joined from different tables but
>they both have the same name.  The SQL runs fine, but I don't know how
>to access them through IBX.  In SQL Explorer it adds an extra '_1' to
>the name, but that didn't seem to work the last time I tried it in IBX.
>Any help would be appreciated.

Re:fields with the same name

IBX adds just a '1'.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Have you ever met a lady screaming angst potential?

Re:fields with the same name

thanks

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> IBX adds just a '1'.

> Jeffrey Harmon wrote:

> > In my SQL code, I have two fields being joined from different tables but
> > they both have the same name.  The SQL runs fine, but I don't know how
> > access them through IBX.  In SQL Explorer it adds an extra '_1' to the
name,
> > but that didn't seem to work the last time I tried it in IBX.  Any help
> > would be appreciated.

> >                                                       Jeff

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> Have you ever met a lady screaming angst potential?
> Have you ever dreamed of romance no matter how experimental?
> Have you ever felt an alien drifting back into your hometown?
> Did you think you were buying safety when you bought that piece of ground?
>              (Fish)

Other Threads