Seek with table.State = dsInsert

How can I Seek for a key during an insertion?
I need to check if a value is already on the table before posting.
If I use table.locate it will move the cursor and the table's state will be
changed to dsBrowse.

thanks

Cristiano

Re:Seek with table.State = dsInsert

"Cristiano Saraiva Rocha" <ro...@satelier.com.br> wrote in

> How can I Seek for a key during an insertion?
> I need to check if a value is already on the table before posting.
> If I use table.locate it will move the cursor and the table's state will
be
> changed to dsBrowse.

You can't - simply use a second table.

Ralf

Re:Seek with table.State = dsInsert

>How can I Seek for a key during an insertion?
>I need to check if a value is already on the table before posting.
>If I use table.locate it will move the cursor and the table's state will be

Use a second Ttable.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com