Board index » delphi » Unexpected behaviour of BDE

Unexpected behaviour of BDE

Sorry, I meant IDDAO32.DLL...
 

Re:Unexpected behaviour of BDE


Hello!

I used to access a MSAccess 2.0 database through the BDE using
IDDA3532.DLL on Windows NT4.0 SP4. The database resides on a server.

After reinstalling NT and Delphi5.0 accessing the database did not work
anymore. The error "-2147221164" ocurred. I tried to access other
MSAccess databases (through BDE-Manager) and the same error was
displayed.

Other database types work fine.

What's going wrong?

THX in advance,
Pierre Bongen

Re:Unexpected behaviour of BDE


Quote
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:16:34 +0100, Pierre Bongen <p...@vva.de> wrote:
>I used to access a MSAccess 2.0 database through the BDE using
>IDDA3532.DLL on Windows NT4.0 SP4. The database resides on a server.

>After reinstalling NT and Delphi5.0 accessing the database did not work
>anymore. The error "-2147221164" ocurred. I tried to access other
>MSAccess databases (through BDE-Manager) and the same error was
>displayed.

After installing Delphi in this new, fresh NT environment, did you also
install the Microsoft Access client software? Your error suggests you did
not. The client software is essential for the BDE to be able to use Access
databases.

==========================================================================
Steve Koterski                  "Computers are useless. They can only give
Technical Publications          you answers."
Borland                                       -- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Re:Unexpected behaviour of BDE


Check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/2/94.asp

Quote
Pierre Bongen wrote:
> Hello!

> I used to access a MSAccess 2.0 database through the BDE using
> IDDA3532.DLL on Windows NT4.0 SP4. The database resides on a server.

> After reinstalling NT and Delphi5.0 accessing the database did not work
> anymore. The error "-2147221164" ocurred. I tried to access other
> MSAccess databases (through BDE-Manager) and the same error was
> displayed.

> Other database types work fine.

> What's going wrong?

> THX in advance,
> Pierre Bongen

Re:Unexpected behaviour of BDE


Hello Steve!

Thank you for your hint, indeed! Everything works fine again...

Regards,
Pierre Bongen

Quote
Borland wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:16:34 +0100, Pierre Bongen <p...@vva.de> wrote:

> >I used to access a MSAccess 2.0 database through the BDE using
> >IDDA3532.DLL on Windows NT4.0 SP4. The database resides on a server.

> >After reinstalling NT and Delphi5.0 accessing the database did not work
> >anymore. The error "-2147221164" ocurred. I tried to access other
> >MSAccess databases (through BDE-Manager) and the same error was
> >displayed.

> After installing Delphi in this new, fresh NT environment, did you also
> install the Microsoft Access client software? Your error suggests you did
> not. The client software is essential for the BDE to be able to use Access
> databases.

> ==========================================================================
> Steve Koterski                  "Computers are useless. They can only give
> Technical Publications          you answers."
> Borland                                       -- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
> http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Other Threads