racing games, view 3d

Hello everyone,

Does somebody know how to draw in a 3d world like I see in most racing
games, perspective depth with a horizon mostly in the middle of the
screen. This is dony in eg. Wacky Wheels, Screamer, (bonus levels of Jazz
Rabbit). Does anybody has any source, or examples how this is done, (I
hope in pascal/asm/basic). Is this just another way of doing Raycasting
like as in Doom/wolfenstein.

Any idea's help, is highly appreciated, I'm thinking of a railway
simulator and using high-qual. (like in most games it's possible) 3d
viewing. (just over a tiled-map is fine, as long i got the idea how, I've
got some formulas like transfering screen to xyz coords.)

Regards, Thanks in advance to All,

Patrick Eradus
EMail: n...@cc-haarlem.nl

Re:racing games, view 3d

In article <Ds7qxK....@solair1.inter.NL.net>,
   n...@solair1.inter.NL.net (Nibbering) wrote:

>Hello everyone,

>Does somebody know how to draw in a 3d world like I see in most racing
>games, perspective depth with a horizon mostly in the middle of the
>screen. This is dony in eg. Wacky Wheels, Screamer, (bonus levels of Jazz
>Rabbit). Does anybody has any source, or examples how this is done, (I
>hope in pascal/asm/basic). Is this just another way of doing Raycasting
>like as in Doom/wolfenstein.

>Any idea's help, is highly appreciated, I'm thinking of a railway
>simulator and using high-qual. (like in most games it's possible) 3d
>viewing. (just over a tiled-map is fine, as long i got the idea how, I've
>got some formulas like transfering screen to xyz coords.)

Go to ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming. You can find more than you
ever wanted to know about game programming.

Mike Chapin
Powder River
mcha...@vcn.com
http://www.vcn.com/server/netizens/mchapin/first.html
Gillette, WY

Not the end of the earth but you can see it from
there.