Hidden application?

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:19:28 GMT, "Johann Joubert"

<lastlegion...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I think this was posted before, but I did not read it.  Is there a way to
>let you main form NOT show when starting up?  The problem is, if I add a
>timer and set it to 55 (the lowest number possible by Windows), the form
>still flash for a few milliseconds, and I don't want that...  There must be
>a form, but I just don't want it to show.  Thanks

Place this in the project file:

Application.ShowMainForm := False;

before the

Application.CreateForm(MainForm...) statement.

Re:Hidden application?

In article <ATtv4.33039$c7.922...@news1.rdc1.on.wave.home.com>, Johann
Joubert <lastlegion...@hotmail.com> writes

>I think this was posted before, but I did not read it.  Is there a way to
>let you main form NOT show when starting up?  The problem is, if I add a
>timer and set it to 55 (the lowest number possible by Windows), the form
>still flash for a few milliseconds, and I don't want that...  There must be
>a form, but I just don't want it to show.  Thanks

>--
>Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and
>all non solicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
>download and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes
>acceptance of these terms.

Sod that ..

Set the visible value to false on form create, then have it show itself
on some event e.g. mouse click or whatever.

Liam Healy

Re:Hidden application?

In article <38be7fbd.1045...@news.mia.bellsouth.net>, Maurice Valmont
<Mauri...@bellsouth.net> writes

>On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:19:28 GMT, "Johann Joubert"
><lastlegion...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>I think this was posted before, but I did not read it.  Is there a way to
>>let you main form NOT show when starting up?  The problem is, if I add a
>>timer and set it to 55 (the lowest number possible by Windows), the form
>>still flash for a few milliseconds, and I don't want that...  There must be
>>a form, but I just don't want it to show.  Thanks

>Place this in the project file:

>Application.ShowMainForm := False;

>before the

>Application.CreateForm(MainForm...) statement.

That's what I meant..

Other Threads