Strange, Strange behavior under Win 3.1 Help!!!

I'm having a terrible time with a Delphi 1.0 application.  It only happens
on  Win31 machines (not NT or 95).  Basically, the first time you run the
app after loading windows it crashes with a GPF (winspector says exception
13). This happens before any of my createform code executes (and it seems
to be happening in toolhelp.dll).  If you run it again after crashing, it
works fine, again and again until you restart windows, then gpf.  Even more
strangely, the app runs fine if the Delphi IDE is running.  Has anybody
experienced a similar problem?  I've done everything I can think of
including maxing out the stack size.

I'm at my wits end, and about to tell my client they'll just have to live
with this.

Regards,
'

Re:Strange, Strange behavior under Win 3.1 Help!!!

In article <5np21t$...@orion.mxol.com>, Robert Moskal
<rmos...@mostmedia.com> writes

>I'm having a terrible time with a Delphi 1.0 application.  It only happens
>on  Win31 machines (not NT or 95).  Basically, the first time you run the
>app after loading windows it crashes with a GPF (winspector says exception
>13). This happens before any of my createform code executes (and it seems
>to be happening in toolhelp.dll).  If you run it again after crashing, it
>works fine, again and again until you restart windows, then gpf.  Even more
>strangely, the app runs fine if the Delphi IDE is running.  Has anybody
>experienced a similar problem?  I've done everything I can think of
>including maxing out the stack size.

>I'm at my wits end, and about to tell my client they'll just have to live
>with this.

I had a very similar problem once and discovered it was because
ctl3dv2.dll wasn't installed properly. Whether this is your problem I
don't know.

Herbert
--
Herbert M Sauro