Problem saving large bitmaps

Hi,

Please help ! I am experiencing problems with the TBitmap method SaveToFile.
For large images it just isnt reliable. I get StreamWriteErrors. I have
524Meg of RAM. The images I am trying to save are approx 60Meg. Can anyone
help, if not how do I approach borland to try and get an answer on this.

Many Thanks

Re:Problem saving large bitmaps

Hi,

  What are you writing the file to?  Writing a bitmap to file takes about 3
write operations.  One for the header, one for the color table (if it's
palette based) and one for the bitmap pixels.  Look at
TBitmap.WriteToStream to see the details.

  If you're getting write errors from that, I'd recommend you run some
tests on your machine writing 60MB memory blocks to disk in one call.  It
sounds like you may have a disk or network problem - the really pesky kind
that only show up under extreme loads.

-Danny

Rob Iliffe <R...@software-imaging.co.uk> wrote in article
<6u3cmd$i...@forums.borland.com>...

Danny Thorpe wrote:
>   If you're getting write errors from that, I'd recommend you run some tests
> on your machine writing 60MB memory blocks to disk in one call.  It sounds
> like you may have a disk or network problem - the really pesky kind that only
> show up under extreme loads.

very good advice... something I had forgotten about completely.  Under an NT 10
base T network I gave up trying to write large bitmap files from one machine to
the other... some kind of timing conflict that I never did bother to figure
out.  Oddly, I could create the bitmap on one machine, then copy it to another
machine.

--
Wayne Herbert
Manager, Computer Products