Help With A Program In Turbo Pascal 7.0

Joseph P. Becker wrote:

> I am in need of assistance with a program I am writing. I have written
> the program using purchased units that do the screen stuff. I have
> several units I have written and all was working well. Now as I add a
> procedure I get repeatative numbers/characters in my input areas. For
> instance, if I hit 3 in my first input area it fills the whole are with
> 3's. As soon as I hit enter to go to the next field it puts 3;s in that
> field also. And on and on.

> What I suspect is I am running out of memory or something so that I am
> getting garbage. I am not using pointers so is this what I need to do?

> I am willing to send source code or work through the debug with
> direction. Thanks for the help!!!

> Joe Becker

Just some code fragments would help a LOT!

- Asbj?rn

Re:Help With A Program In Turbo Pascal 7.0

I am in need of assistance with a program I am writing. I have written
the program using purchased units that do the screen stuff. I have
several units I have written and all was working well. Now as I add a
procedure I get repeatative numbers/characters in my input areas. For
instance, if I hit 3 in my first input area it fills the whole are with
3's. As soon as I hit enter to go to the next field it puts 3;s in that
field also. And on and on.

What I suspect is I am running out of memory or something so that I am
getting garbage. I am not using pointers so is this what I need to do?

I am willing to send source code or work through the debug with
direction. Thanks for the help!!!

Joe Becker

Re:Help With A Program In Turbo Pascal 7.0

Are you in some kind of loop? If it was a memory buffer problem, you'd be
getting all sorts of junk characters.

Joseph P. Becker <jpbec...@together.net> wrote in article
<32B73066.1...@together.net>...

> I am in need of assistance with a program I am writing. I have written
> the program using purchased units that do the screen stuff. I have
> several units I have written and all was working well. Now as I add a
> procedure I get repeatative numbers/characters in my input areas. For
> instance, if I hit 3 in my first input area it fills the whole are with
> 3's. As soon as I hit enter to go to the next field it puts 3;s in that
> field also. And on and on.

> What I suspect is I am running out of memory or something so that I am
> getting garbage. I am not using pointers so is this what I need to do?

> I am willing to send source code or work through the debug with
> direction. Thanks for the help!!!

> Joe Becker

Re:Help With A Program In Turbo Pascal 7.0

Why can't you just debug it to find out what's happening? It sounds
like you're using the wrong routine to capture a keystroke. After it
is captured, you might have to reset the routine, or its 'new
keystroke ready' flag. This doesn't look much more difficult that
that.

Herbert Gintis

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996 15:44:38 -0800, "Joseph P. Becker"

<jpbec...@together.net> wrote:
>I am in need of assistance with a program I am writing. I have written
>the program using purchased units that do the screen stuff. I have
>several units I have written and all was working well. Now as I add a
>procedure I get repeatative numbers/characters in my input areas. For
>instance, if I hit 3 in my first input area it fills the whole are with
>3's. As soon as I hit enter to go to the next field it puts 3;s in that
>field also. And on and on.

>What I suspect is I am running out of memory or something so that I am
>getting garbage. I am not using pointers so is this what I need to do?

>I am willing to send source code or work through the debug with
>direction. Thanks for the help!!!

>Joe Becker

Herbert Gintis
Department of Economics           Phone: 413-586-7756
University of Massachusetts       Fax:   413-586-6014
Amherst, MA 01003
gin...@econs.umass.edu            http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis/

Other Threads