Creating a new database with Delphi

Hey All,

is there anyone who can tell me how to create a new empty Interbase
database by Delphi
can it be done by a TQuery component or...??

Thanks for any advice,
Christian

Re:Creating a new database with Delphi

You can use the TDatabase.CreateDatabase method.

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Christian" <m...@em-data.dk> wrote in message

Hey All,

is there anyone who can tell me how to create a new empty Interbase
database by Delphi -
can it be done by a TQuery component or...??

Thanks for any advice,
Christian

Re:Creating a new database with Delphi

take a look at SqlScript (free) :
http://www.apelseen.com/delphi_components/download.html

In article <20010423.11001...@mce.emdata>, m...@em-data.dk says...
> Hey All,

> is there anyone who can tell me how to create a new empty Interbase=20
> database by Delphi =96=20
> can it be done by a TQuery component or...??

> Thanks for any advice,
> Christian

Query: TQuery;

Query.SQL.Clear;
Query.SQL.Add( 'CREATE DATABASE db_name;' );
Query.ExecSQL;

Other Threads