Access Violation in Gds32.dll ???

Hi All,

We use IB 6.0 (Win2000) and we noticed that when running two client
apps (Delphi 5, IBO) on the same client that do reads and writes on
the same remote database, one of the apps hangs with an access
violation in the Gds32.dll. We also noticed that if one of the apps
runs from within the Delphi IDE, the error does not occur.
I believe that the difference between these two situations is the way
in which the dll get's loaded (in different memory space ?)

Does anyone have an idea about what might be happening here or how
the AV could be prevented ?

best regards,

Tanno

Re:Access Violation in Gds32.dll ???

"Tanno vorenkamp" <t.vorenk...@12move.nl> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> We use IB 6.0 (Win2000) and we noticed that when running two client
> apps (Delphi 5, IBO) on the same client that do reads and writes on
> the same remote database, one of the apps hangs with an access
> violation in the Gds32.dll. We also noticed that if one of the apps
> runs from within the Delphi IDE, the error does not occur.
> I believe that the difference between these two situations is the way
> in which the dll get's loaded (in different memory space ?)

I seem to remember that the initial IB6.0 gds32 had a problem. Also, be sure
only one gds32 is reachable in your system.

C.
--
Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://www.firebirdSql.org
Independent developer

Re:Access Violation in Gds32.dll ???

Hi Claudio

> I seem to remember that the initial IB6.0 gds32 had a problem. Also, be
sure
> only one gds32 is reachable in your system.

The gds32.dll has the version number 6.0.0.627
If this build has a problem where can I get a better one ?

In article <3c712cde$...@news.arrakis.es>, t.vorenk...@12move.nl says...

> The gds32.dll has the version number 6.0.0.627
> If this build has a problem where can I get a better one ?

        http://mers.com -- download IB 6.0.1.6 or higher and replace all
client and server installations at your site.

        HTH,

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads