Database detail form <= master form

Hi world...

  I am working on a project and have encounterd a problem which I can't
solve. I have read several books (Teach Yourself Database programming
with Delphi in 21 days, Teach Yourself Delphi 2 in 21 days, Delphi 2
developer's guide, Delphi Database Development) but still nothing.

  A (small) question:

 I have a table T [Name : varchar,
                   Item1: varchar,
                   Item2: integer,
                   Item3: float]

I have a 'master' form which displays Name and Item1 using TTables.
On the 'master' form is a button which, when pressed displays a
form with Name, Item1, Item2 and Item3.

The problem is, when I select a record on the 'master' form and
press the button I need to inform the BDE of using the selected
record to retrieve the rest of the information.

HELP I have worked on it for one entire day and gone crazy, this can't
be diffecult, what am I missing, I don't need compleet answers (well
that wouldn't be bad) just a hint in what direction to look.

Thanks

BTW. Please if you could answer by e-Mail as my internet provider
has a rather slow news server.

SU L8R
Antek S. Baranski
Student Software / Database Engineering
Haagse Hoge School, Den Haad, the Netherlands
==========================

Re:Database detail form <= master form

"Antoni S. Baranski" <tekw...@pi.net> wrote:

> Hi world...

>   I am working on a project and have encounterd a problem which I can't
> solve. I have read several books (Teach Yourself Database programming
> with Delphi in 21 days, Teach Yourself Delphi 2 in 21 days, Delphi 2
> developer's guide, Delphi Database Development) but still nothing.

>   A (small) question:

>  I have a table T [Name : varchar,
>               Item1: varchar,
>               Item2: integer,
>               Item3: float]

> I have a 'master' form which displays Name and Item1 using TTables.
> On the 'master' form is a button which, when pressed displays a
> form with Name, Item1, Item2 and Item3.

> The problem is, when I select a record on the 'master' form and
> press the button I need to inform the BDE of using the selected
> record to retrieve the rest of the information.

That's automatic if you use the same dataset for your second form:
- add form1 to the uses clause of your second form;
- connect the DBEdits on your second form to the Datasource on your
main form.

Happy programming!

Other Threads