TIBStoredProc and generator

Hi,

Does TIBStoredProc support Int64 field? I try to retrieve a generator value
using TIBStoredProc and ExecProc, however, I get this error message:

EIBClientError
Invalid data conversion

my stored procedure returns a Decimal(18) parameter.

What is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

best wishes,
jr

Re:TIBStoredProc and generator

There is a bug on MS variants. You can't access them from IBQuery nor
IBStoredProc. If you are getting few values execute your procedure (EXECUTE
or SELECT) from IBSQL component.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Re:TIBStoredProc and generator

Thanks Sergio,

I thought the MS variant issue was supposed to be addressed in D6. I will
try your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,
jr

"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message

> There is a bug on MS variants. You can't access them from IBQuery nor
> IBStoredProc. If you are getting few values execute your procedure
(EXECUTE
> or SELECT) from IBSQL component.

> --
> Sergio Samayoa
> Lgica Software
> http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/

Re:TIBStoredProc and generator

It has been, but I did not have sufficient time to test it so left those areas
still commented out.  Since no interface change would be required for be to do
this in an update I had to concentrate on areas I knew would be changes in the
interface for the D6 release.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Re:TIBStoredProc and generator

Jeff, Thanks for your reply.

Best wishes,
jr

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> It has been, but I did not have sufficient time to test it so left those
areas
> still commented out.  Since no interface change would be required for be
to do
> this in an update I had to concentrate on areas I knew would be changes in
the
> interface for the D6 release.

> Junior Ang wrote:

> > Thanks Sergio,

> > I thought the MS variant issue was supposed to be addressed in D6. I
will
> > try your suggestion.

> > Thanks again.

> > Best wishes,
> > jr

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
> (Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks
>  me directly unless     Just corporate criminals
>  asked.  Thank You)     Playing with tanks.  (Michael Been)

Other Threads