QR needdata example with group

I am looking for a QuickReport example which uses the OnNeedData event and
has a group (header).

As you might guess this is a not a table driven report.  It involves a
"customized" crosstab I found pretty easy to code (one I could not make work
in QuickReport or ReportBuilder as spec'ed).  Now I need to get the groups
going and it seems I don't have a handle on the groups but it's been quite a
while since I did anything with QuickReport.

TIA,
Carl

Re:QR needdata example with group

With all the different permutations I tried, I was actually in bone-headed
mode when I made the post.  I was, at that particular moment, using the
wrong OnNeedData event.  (I had the header partially working earlier but it
was not quite right.  A short-cut-and-paste later it did not work at all.  I
should drink more coffee at those hours.)

Re:QR needdata example with group

Hi Carl

On Wed, 9 May 2001 10:08:43 -0400, "Carl J. Mosca" <cmo...@moscasys.com> wrote:

>I am looking for a QuickReport example which uses the OnNeedData event and
>has a group (header).

>As you might guess this is a not a table driven report.  It involves a
>"customized" crosstab I found pretty easy to code (one I could not make work
>in QuickReport or ReportBuilder as spec'ed).  Now I need to get the groups
>going and it seems I don't have a handle on the groups but it's been quite a
>while since I did anything with QuickReport.

If your doing as I expect, creating the data and storing then
feeding to the onneeddata event.  Is it not possible to store
your own group info data, then force a newpage as required.

And when the shoe doesn't fit, try saving to file and pass this file to the
onneeddata event.

From Darryl Impey - JustSoft P/L, Australia
JustData Enterprise V2.2 Data Tools
Download trial from http://www.justsoft.com.au/
IMPORT, EXPORT & GENERATE DB DATA, ADT, SQL, XML, CSV, TXT and much more
mailto:mail@<nojunkmail>justsoft.com.au

Other Threads