Writing 16 Bit Apps w/ Delphi 2.0

I recently bought Delphi 2.0 and would like to continue to do development on the
Windows 3.1 platform.  However, I like some of the new enhancements to Delphi 2.0,
such as Data Modules, Data Dictionary, and so on.

I was wondering if it is possible to develop apps in 2.0 with some of these new
features.  I know the readme.txt says you can as long as you don't use any "32 bit
specific features".  I'd like to know exactly what features they're refering to.

Thanks in Advance.

Dean.

Re:Writing 16 Bit Apps w/ Delphi 2.0

On Tuesday, May 21, 1996, Dean Millam wrote...
> I recently bought Delphi 2.0 and would like to continue to do
development on the
> Windows 3.1 platform.  However, I like some of the new enhancements to
Delphi 2.0,
> such as Data Modules, Data Dictionary, and so on.

> I was wondering if it is possible to develop apps in 2.0 with some of
these new
> features.  I know the readme.txt says you can as long as you don't use
any "32 bit
> specific features".  I'd like to know exactly what features they're

refering to.

What they mean is that as long as you don't use any features new to the 32
bit version of Delphi (which include all of the feature you mentioned)
that your code will compile fine under the 16 bit version of Delphi.
Delphi 2 itself does not compile for 16 bits, but does ship with Delphi
1.02 on the same CD...
--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

Dean Millam <cull0...@gold.tc.umn.edu> wrote:
>I recently bought Delphi 2.0 and would like to continue to do development on the
>Windows 3.1 platform.  However, I like some of the new enhancements to Delphi 2.0,
>such as Data Modules, Data Dictionary, and so on.
>I was wondering if it is possible to develop apps in 2.0 with some of these new
>features.  I know the readme.txt says you can as long as you don't use any "32 bit
>specific features".  I'd like to know exactly what features they're refering to.
>Thanks in Advance.
>Dean.

No chance,
we had exactly the same problem and after many hours of trying, even
with the newest version of Win32s, we get the answer:

NO !!

Also the german support said the same.
You can't create apps for Win3.1 with Delphi 2.0.
Sorry.

Thomas Auer

Other Threads