Transaction Isolation Level in MS SQL Server 6.5

When using TQuery component, it's possible to change
the transaction isolation level within the SQL statement.

for instance: SELECT * FROM mytable (NOLOCK)

But when I use TTable component, the BDE is always
using the default transaction isolation level.  That causes
some unwanted page locks on MS SQL server even when
using read-only tables.

I tried to use the ODBC-native function
SQLSetConnectOption to change the
transaction isolation level, but the TTable component is
still using the default level (which is "READ COMMITED")

Any ideas or solutions ?

Re:Transaction Isolation Level in MS SQL Server 6.5

Nicolas,

Isolation levels can be set on the TDatabase component.

-Mike

Nicolas Nasdrovisky wrote:

> When using TQuery component, it's possible to change
> the transaction isolation level within the SQL statement.

> for instance: SELECT * FROM mytable (NOLOCK)

> But when I use TTable component, the BDE is always
> using the default transaction isolation level.  That causes
> some unwanted page locks on MS SQL server even when
> using read-only tables.

> I tried to use the ODBC-native function
> SQLSetConnectOption to change the
> transaction isolation level, but the TTable component is
> still using the default level (which is "READ COMMITED")

> Any ideas or solutions ?

Other Threads