Update SQL 6.5 image field with rich text

I want to store rich text in a ms sql 6.5 field, and I'm assuming image will
work.  I don't know the correct Delphi steps to take to update the field
using sql.  I don't want to directly connect a TDbRichEdit control, but
rather update the field "manually" using a TQuery or something.  Right now
I'm just using a SELECT statement with requestlive set to true, then edit
and post, something I try to avoid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Re:Update SQL 6.5 image field with rich text

I use 'text' for my rich text fields in mssql6.5.
It seems to work ok. (but I use a TwwDBRichEdit from InfoPower for the
editing)

Jeff Torres <jktor...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> I want to store rich text in a ms sql 6.5 field, and I'm assuming image
will
> work.  I don't know the correct Delphi steps to take to update the field
> using sql.  I don't want to directly connect a TDbRichEdit control, but
> rather update the field "manually" using a TQuery or something.  Right now
> I'm just using a SELECT statement with requestlive set to true, then edit
> and post, something I try to avoid.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Jeff

Re:Update SQL 6.5 image field with rich text

I'm also using the InfoPower rich text control.  What I'm after is to allow
a user to edit text in the control in a "disconnected" sort of way, and then
save the changes to the server via some other means.  It's important in this
case because there is only one record and one field involved, bizzare but
true.

Thanks,
Jeff

>I use 'text' for my rich text fields in mssql6.5.
>It seems to work ok. (but I use a TwwDBRichEdit from InfoPower for the
>editing)

Other Threads