Call was rejected by callee error.

Having purchased a new machine for our network, I found I had to donload
"mdac_typ.exe" from Microsofts site in order to get the same versions
running on all the network machines. I now get a "Call was rejected by
callee" error whenever trying to use ole to create a word instance.

The code is:

    Word := coWordApplication.Create;
    Word.Documents.Add(Template, bm);

The error occures on the first line and I'm using D5 Pro SP1.

Any help very much apprieciated.
--
Ken Davies
krdav...@ivojo.co.uk

Re:Call was rejected by callee error.

<<Ken Davies:
I now get a "Call was rejected by callee" error whenever
trying to use ole to create a word instance.

Are you using Norton Antivirus and Word 2000, by any
chance?

Re:Call was rejected by callee error.

Err, funny your should say that. Is one causing problems with the other?

--
Ken Davies
krdav...@ivojo.co.uk

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in
message news:VA.00000e05.001cc570@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<Ken Davies:
> I now get a "Call was rejected by callee" error whenever
> trying to use ole to create a word instance.

> Are you using Norton Antivirus and Word 2000, by any
> chance?

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:Call was rejected by callee error.

<<Ken Davies:
Is one causing problems with the other?

They're incompatible - MS and Symantec both know about this
problem, but don't seem to be desperate to fix it. The
workaround is to run
 Regsvr32 /U "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll"

Re:Call was rejected by callee error.

Many thanks. Sorted the problem a treat. For those with just Norton
Antivirus installed, the command needs to change to:

Regsvr32 /U "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll

You've saved my bacon, thanks again.

Ken

--
Kenvyn Davies
krdav...@ivojo.co.uk

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in
message news:VA.00000e07.00319039@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<Ken Davies:
> Is one causing problems with the other?

> They're incompatible - MS and Symantec both know about this
> problem, but don't seem to be desperate to fix it. The
> workaround is to run
>  Regsvr32 /U "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
> AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll"

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Other Threads