Basic COM/Delphi question

Hi
I am trying to learn a bit about COM and Delphi.
I have created an ActiveX library with a COM object. This is built as a DLL
and registered. I have imported the Type Library into Delphi so that I can
use the object. I manage to access the methods of the COM object from other
programs. So far so good.
Now I want to create an EXE file that exports methods using COM. An EXE
cannot be registered as a DLL using regsvr32. How do I get access to the
methods ?
I suppose this is a trivial question for most of you, but COM and Delphi is
new to me. Maybe some of you can point me to a place where I can find basic
COM/Delphi information ?

Best regards
SK

Re:Basic COM/Delphi question

Try http://www.techvanguards.com . It is a great page with heaps of tips,
examples and downloads.

David Clegg
dcl...@ebetonline.com

Stian Kaasa wrote:
> Now I want to create an EXE file that exports methods using COM. An EXE
> cannot be registered as a DLL using regsvr32. How do I get access to the
> methods ?

If you run an EXE server with the commandline switch "/REGSERVER", it
will register itself and quit.  If you are using Delphi for the client,
do "Project | Import Type Library" on the EXE server to generate
"Server_TLB.pas",
which will contain the declarations you need to use the server.

-Jim

Other Threads