How to dump data to database desktop

I have a text file like:
col11,col12,col13,col14
coln1,coln2,coln3,conl4
How can I dump these data to database desktop .db files?

Re:How to dump data to database desktop

To move the data into a table use TBatchMove.

--
Brad Prendergast
http://www.bpsoftware.com/Delphi.htm

"ming yan" <m...@biosino.org> wrote in message news:3a19004e$1_1@dnews...

> I have a text file like:
> col11,col12,col13,col14
> coln1,coln2,coln3,conl4
> How can I dump these data to database desktop .db files?

Re:How to dump data to database desktop

Thank you for you help.But I still have some question.

>To move the data into a table use TBatchMove.>

Frist, I could not find TBatchMove in the page you written.
Second, I know delphi include a tool--datapump, it can transfer data between database.
I try to set alias in sql explorer --use microsoft txt drive and set the database name as text
file name  (for example "c:\db\db.txt"). But it can not recognize the table in db.txt. Does I have
some wrong in this process. If you can sucess solve this problem. I can use "datapump" to
transfer data from txt file to database.

Re:How to dump data to database desktop

If you want to import comma delimited text data into a Paradox database you
can do it using the BDE ASCII driver and the TBatchMove component in Delphi.
For information on using the BDE ASCII driver see
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15892,00.html and the topic
ASCIIDRV in the BDE API help file in your BDE directory.

--
Bill

Other Threads