InterBase Page Size Problem

I am running IB 4.0 NLM on a Novell 4.1 server.  I need to change the
page size of my database from 1024 to 4096.  I back up my database on the
production server (NOT LIBS).  I then restore it via Server Manager,
setting the Page Size blank to 4096.  I then examine the database
statistics, and the page size is still 1024!!  Am I missing something
here?  Can Novell only support a page size of 1024 (I doubt it....).  I
have tried this procedure at least 3 times with the same result.  I heard
a rumor that on Windows/Dos platforms, IB Server can't have a page size
larger than 1024.  If this is true, what a big problem!!! That is a major
bummer!!! I suppose using the WAL protocol would be a viable substitute
maybe?

HELP!!!!!!!