Help on clearing screen

I am very new to Pascal and need to know the command for clearing the
screen of the display. I have tried clrscr but I get error, "Unknown
Identifier".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Re:Help on clearing screen

Steve Hunt wrote:
> I am very new to Pascal and need to know the command for clearing the
> screen of the display. I have tried clrscr but I get error, "Unknown
> Identifier".

clrscr is declared in the unit crt. Your program must have a "uses"
clause where you specify crt:

uses crt;
begin
  clrscr
end.

Re:Help on clearing screen

   And I'm ready to put money on his next question: "When I run my
program, I always get a RTE 200 error - why?"
   8<}}
> > I am very new to Pascal and need to know the command for clearing the
> > screen of the display. I have tried clrscr but I get error, "Unknown
> > Identifier".

> clrscr is declared in the unit crt. Your program must have a "uses"
> clause where you specify crt:

> uses crt;
> begin
>   clrscr
> end.

Re:Help on clearing screen

Mike Copeland <mrc...@primenet.com> said

>> > I am very new to Pascal and need to know the command for clearing the
>> > screen of the display. I have tried clrscr but I get error, "Unknown
>> > Identifier".

>> clrscr is declared in the unit crt. Your program must have a "uses"
>> clause where you specify crt:

>   And I'm ready to put money on his next question: "When I run my
>program, I always get a RTE 200 error - why?"
>   8<}}

*splutter*. No disagreement here.
--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Re:Help on clearing screen

To clear the screen you need to add
Uses CRT;

eg
Program Name;
Uses Crt;
Var

Steve Hunt wrote in message <38C6B63D.DA28F...@cableinet.co.uk>...
>I am very new to Pascal and need to know the command for clearing the
>screen of the display. I have tried clrscr but I get error, "Unknown
>Identifier".

>Thanks in advance.

>Steve

Other Threads