Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type

I have a data entry form that has a field called AccountNumber. It is linked
to an Auto-Incrementing field type in a Paradox 5.0 Table. I am trying to
obtain that field's value, but can't get it until AFTER I post the current
record. If needing to do a TTableVar.Post is the correct way to go. then where
is the best place to do that? If I do not need to do a TTableVar.Post, then
how can I obtain the field's value?

ANY help appreciated in advance,
Kelly Wilcox
wilc...@norfolk.infi.net

Re:Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type

In article <4bppt3$...@news.infi.net>
           wilc...@norfolk.infi.net "Kelly Wilcox" writes:

>I have a data entry form that has a field called AccountNumber. It is linked
>to an Auto-Incrementing field type in a Paradox 5.0 Table. I am trying to
>obtain that field's value, but can't get it until AFTER I post the current
>record. If needing to do a TTableVar.Post is the correct way to go. then where
>is the best place to do that? If I do not need to do a TTableVar.Post, then
>how can I obtain the field's value?

This is becoming a FAQ. After posting do Table1.Refresh and the Auto
Increment field will be updated in Delphi.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Other Threads