D3-EAccessViolation w/Sybase via ODBC-HELP!-BUG?

Here's the situation. I have the following.

  Sybase System 11 Server
  Intersolve ODBC Drivers, (16 bit sys 10, 32 bit 10 & 11)
  BDE 4
  Delphi 1
  Delphi 3
  Win95

So I wrote a D1 app that worked with the Sybase tables, and the program
works fine. So I say, "Okay, let's port this puppy to D3". I get the
appropriate ODBC drivers and aliases set up and off we go. BOOM! Illegal
instruction, page fault in kernal32.dll. Hmmmm. so I start over, recreating
the app from scratch in D3. BOOM!
The errors I have been getting are of two kinds. I am getting runtime
error 216, (EAccessViolation) on application termination, I am getting
EAccessviolations on program startup, (but after the ODBC Login dialog has
appeared, login does work), or I am getting the aforementioned page fault
in kernal32.dll.
Now from what I can tell you get an access violation if you dereference a
nil pointer, write to virtual memory that isn't mapped, or some other
relatively obvious no-no, none of which I am doing. Hmmm
     the reason I suggest this might be a bug is that poking around on
Borland Online I find a page: borland.com/devsupport/sqllinks/pub-85.html
which describes the kernal32.dll crash I am having fairly well. This page
though is talking about a problem when using DBlib and ctlib and SQL links,
which I'm not doing. But the similarities are fairly strong.
     Any ideas? I'm running out on this end....

TIA

Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com