DLL Gurus

Hi all,

I'm using InstallShield Express Pro to install an application that was
developed in Delphi 1.x.  We have some extra stuff that we need to do on the
installation.  If we cannot perform these tasks, we want to exit the setup.
InstallShield allows you to call functions in a custom DLL and if the
function returns 0, you can exit the install.  Sounded like just what we
needed!  I did some searching on InstallShield's knowledge base articles and
came up with X1068 "Prototyping a Custom .DLL for Use as an Express
Extension" and X1091 "Making A Custom Delphi DLL work as an Extension".
According to article X1091, InstallShield can only call functions that follow
the standard C calling convention.  In Delphi 2.x, you can do this by using
the stdcall keyword.  Is there an equivalent keyword for Delphi 1.x or am I
just outta luck?

Thanks,
Mark Reaux
Diamond Data Systems, Inc.

Re:DLL Gurus

Mark Reaux wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm using InstallShield Express Pro to install an application that was
> developed in Delphi 1.x.  We have some extra stuff that we need to do on the
> installation.  If we cannot perform these tasks, we want to exit the setup.
> InstallShield allows you to call functions in a custom DLL and if the
> function returns 0, you can exit the install.  Sounded like just what we
> needed!  I did some searching on InstallShield's knowledge base articles and
> came up with X1068 "Prototyping a Custom .DLL for Use as an Express
> Extension" and X1091 "Making A Custom Delphi DLL work as an Extension".
> According to article X1091, InstallShield can only call functions that follow
> the standard C calling convention.  In Delphi 2.x, you can do this by using
> the stdcall keyword.  Is there an equivalent keyword for Delphi 1.x or am I
> just outta luck?

> Thanks,
> Mark Reaux
> Diamond Data Systems, Inc.

The standard *C* calling convention is achieved using the keyword
"cdecl" in both D1 and D2
The standard *Windows* calling convention is achieved using "stdcall" in
D2 and "export" in D1

--
Need a custom component? Late on a project? Could use an util?
DOS Device driver? A VxD? NT drivers or services? Applications of any

When responding to news postings, please CC a copy to my email address.
Thanks.
Erik Sperling Johansen <e...@info-pro.no>

Other Threads