Fast label.caption:='...' updates

Hello!

I've a problem when I update the caption of a label
very fast. The text is flickering and it's looking
quite ugly. I tried using Win API (TextOut, DrawText etc.),
but all still showed the same behaviour.

I finally found a solution. I use a hidden Bitmap and
a visible Paintbox, draw the text into the Bitmap and
BitBlt it into the Paintbox. This works fine, but it
quite much work for more than one label.

My question: Is there a more efficient way to solve this
problem?

Please answer to "kurtz...@wrcs3.urz.uni-wuppertal.de",
our newsserver is quite buggy and some news mails never
arrive here.

bye, Stefan Kurtzhals