BP7 and DPMI-Program in DOS-Box

Hi,

I can't get to run a program written in BP7 in a DOS-Box under W95. The
Program is DOS-DPMI and refuses to run:

loader error: Not enough memory

(I have 487 kB (that's what "mem" tells me))

I played around with the settings in the options menu of the DOS box,
but nothing helps.

Any idea?

Rgs Gaerti

Re:BP7 and DPMI-Program in DOS-Box

Jrgen G?rtner wrote:

> Hi,

> I can't get to run a program written in BP7 in a DOS-Box under W95. The
> Program is DOS-DPMI and refuses to run:

> loader error: Not enough memory

> (I have 487 kB (that's what "mem" tells me))

> I played around with the settings in the options menu of the DOS box,
> but nothing helps.

> Any idea?

> Rgs Gaerti

A DPMI program means it means EXTENDED (aka XMS) memory to run, not the
(640K) conventional memory. The 487KB you have doesn't help at all in
running your Protected Mode (PM) program.

To make the program run, either get into native DOS 7.0 or create a
Windows PIF file for it. To create a PIF for your program:

1. Get into Windows Explorer.
2. Locate your program (the EXE file) and highlight it.
3. Press Ctrl+Enter to get into the "Program" properties.
4. Go to the "Memory" tab.
5. Change the "Extended Memory" and "DPMI memory" to "Auto".

You may want to disable HMA or expanded memory as well, if they
interfere with the running of your program. Adjust, if needed, the
convenctional memory as well.

6. Click on OK to save the changes.

Now your program has a PIF, and next time you execute your program under
a DOS box (either through a DOS prompt or directly running it under
Windows), it should work fine.

Can contact if got any problems.

Regards,
WB Pao.

--
It's always good to have a computer beside you.
You can play, work and sleep with it.

email: nirv...@cynosure.com.sg

Other Threads