Convert to/from internet timestamp from news message

I've got a project where it is necessary to work with dates in the format like newsgroup
messages use, i.e.: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 00:00:01 -0500

I thought I would use the Indy TidDateTimeStamp, but it doesn't seem to provide a way to
directly write it in using the string. Am I missing something, or how do I do this?

Have a great day!

Ernest (ICQ #123375293)
(efairch...@home.com)

_____________________
"My software never has bugs.  It just develops random features."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

Try my freeware game, Candy is Dandy at:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf/programs/programs.html

Re:Convert to/from internet timestamp from news message

"Ernest Fairchild" <efairch...@home.com> wrote in message

> I've got a project where it is necessary to work with dates in the format
like newsgroup
> messages use, i.e.: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 00:00:01 -0500

> I thought I would use the Indy TidDateTimeStamp, but it doesn't seem to
provide a way to
> directly write it in using the string. Am I missing something, or how do I
do this?

Use StrInternetToDateTime in IdGlobal.pas. It returns a TDateTime that
represents the string containing an Internet formatted date.

hth...

Re:Convert to/from internet timestamp from news message

Thanks! I'll look into that.

Have a great day!

Ernest (ICQ #123375293)
(efairch...@home.com)

"Don Siders - Team Indy" <side...@att.net> wrote in message news:3b9598a3$1_1@dnews...

> Use StrInternetToDateTime in IdGlobal.pas. It returns a TDateTime that
> represents the string containing an Internet formatted date.

Other Threads